Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Reasons it's good to be back in Texas.... 1. Drivers: Only one person tail-gated me during my entire drive back home. I was already doing 85, and thought to myself, "I bet that's a damn Texan." I got back in the right lane, and sho' nuff, it was. Driver of the Mistubishi SUV with Texas plates, I heart u. Texas, land of aggressive, non-incompetent drivers. . . who dare to drive above the speed limit.
2. Sky. It sounds corny. But in places with tall trees everywhere, you don't get 180 degrees of sky. You get more like 20. 180 degrees of nice blue sky is good. It's hopeful.
3. 70 degrees-- t-shirt and shorts today, baby!! It's getting colder, but damn. I don't mind Christmas without snow when I can walk around in Reefs.
4. Books. On tap right now: Ann Patchett, The Magician's Assistant. So far, much much more well-written than Bel Canto.
5. Doctors. Somebody got strep throat (note to self: at the next end-of-semester party, try not drinking from everybody else's glasses, hm . . . ). No student health when you're on Mama Lonestar's insurance plan & in town. Just real doctors and antibiotics, yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home